In the past years, all over Tuscany the amount of dog beaches has been continuously increasing. Comparing Tuscany with other regions in Italy, one will find here the highest number of dog beaches. We’ve visited this summer (2014) nearly all dog beaches in Tuscany, from North to South and this is the result:
- Marina di Massa (MS): Località Partaccia, Via delle pinete 237 in front of Albergo ostello apuano per la gioventù. Info +39 392 2375090
DOG BEACHES PROVINCE OF LUCCA:
- Forte dei Marmi (Lucca): Bagno Flavio is a bathing establishment in the exclusive Versilia seaside resort Forte dei Marmi in Tuscany that allows dogs. There is a shower and bowls at disposal for our 4-footed family members. They need to be conducted on the leash, but it is possible to bring them with you at the restaurant or to enjoy the garden. Furthermore it is not possible to take them with you in the shower and bathroom area. More info and photos under: Bagno Flavio, Address: Viale Italico 56, 55042 – Forte dei Marmi (LUCCA) Tel./Fax +39 0584 81209, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forte dei Marmi (Lucca): Bagno Carducci accepts dogs, but during the day it is not possible to have them baths in the sea. The establishment is quite small, thus there are max. 6 dogs per day allowed. Info: Bagno Carducci, Arenile 40, Tel. +39 0584 630761 Mobile: +39 331 2201132
- Marina di Pietrsanta (Lucca): Bagno Riviera accepts well educated dogs on the beach with respectful owners. For further info: Via Lungomare Roma, 49 – loc. “Tonfano” – Marina di Pietrasanta (LU), email@example.com Tel. +39 0584 20485 – Cell.+39 328 2954370 or +39 389 1604835
- Lido di Camaiore (Lucca): Bagno Eugenia Beach has a special area for our 4-footed family members. Address: Viale Europa 104, 55041 Lido di Camaiore (LUCCA), Tel./Fax: +39 0584 617013, Mobil: +39 328 3135962 , E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lido di Camaiore there are many bathing establishments who accept dogs on the leash. It is not possible to let them bath in the sea during the day from 9.30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Viareggio (Lucca): at the bathing establishment Bagno Marechiaro there is a special fenced dog area with beach umbrellas and sun beds. On request dogsitter available.
- Marina del Lago di Torre Puccini (LU): public beach on the left-hand side from the center towards Marina di Vecchiano
- Marina del Lago di Torre Puccini (LU): Bagno Maestrale accepts well-educated small and mid-sized dogs on request that have to be held on the leash under the parasol. Viale Europa 24, 55049 Torre del Lago Puccini.
+39 0584 388365
DOG BEACHES PROVINCE OF PISA:
- Marina di Vecchiano (PI): large beach on the left-hand side from the center. Dogs are also allowed under the beach umbrella at the first bathing establishment in the center and can’t swim in the sea there. Another public, huge beach where dogs are allowed is the right-hand side, towards Marina di Torre del Lago Puccini (could be reached along the beach!) and some of the bathing establishments nearby do also accept on request. Car parking is around € 8 for the whole day. In the center next to the parkings are good bars and restaurants!
- Calambrone (Pisa): the dog beach there is a piece of public beach, right at th4e beginning coming from Livorno, turn left, when you see the road sign of Calambrone.
- Calambrone (Pisa): another dog beach is at the bathing establishment Tirreno 2000 (contakt Lucia: +39 339 111 46 81) with a completely equipped area, dog shower, fresh water for each dog on arrival and they are permitted at the bar/restaurant. Dogs have to be conducted on the beach on a leash and can be left without only in the water!
DOG BEACHES PROVINCE OF LIVORNO:
- Livorno: lungomare Ardenza, after the bar Baracchino Rosso. Leave the car along the road and continue walking towards Livorno Center and you will see the small sand beach after a few meters.
- Antignano (LI): leave your car at the park “giardini” and continue walking a few metres until you see the sign dog beach. It is a rocky beach.
- Isola d’Elba (LI): On Elba Island, the dog beach of Fonza at Campo nell’Elba, near Marina di Campo. It is possible to reach the beach through a dirt road of approx. 4 km.
- Cecina 2 dog beaches, one south of Cecina, the other north of Cecina (Fosso Nuovo and Gorette). Another dog beach can be found behind the residence “La Cecinella“.
- Marina di Bibbona/Cecina Mare (LI): along the nature reserve between Marina di Bibbona and Marina di cecina.
- Marina di Castagneto Carducci (LI): driving towards Marina di Castagneto, at the beginning, there is a roundabout, where you should turn right and follow always the signs “Spiaggia per cani“. The beach is outside Marina di Castagneto (towards north, continuing along the see). There is a well-kept parking (not free), from where on reaches the beach in 5 minutes. The dog beach remains on the right-hand side. On a sign is written that it is necessary to take the vaccination booklet with you. (information referring to July 2007).
- San Vincenzo (LI): “Dog Beach”, situated on the road from San Vincenzo towards Piombino. 800 m after the sign “San Vincenzo”, along the road. It is possible to park along the road. Half of the beach is public, the other part is with beach umbrellas and sun beds that can be rented. During August and on weekends it is adviceable to book in advance; tel.: Luca 0039 393 9658548 – Alessandro 0039 393 9527912).
- Golfo di Baratti (LI): along the Gulf of Baratti, a very small beach (left-hand side) between the San Cerbone church and the boat slipway, along the road leading to Baratti/Populonia. Maybe one plus might be the green right behind the beach, but adiacent to the road.
- Piombino (LI): Spiaggia Bernardini, the rock underneath Villa Hermite.
- Perelli 1 (LI): coming from Riotorto/Follonica, Perelli 1 is situated after Perelli 2 e 3 driving always towards Piombino. Coming from Piombino, one can see the sign “Perelli 1”, whereas from Riotorto, there is no specific sign, therefore you should turn 600 m after petrol station total left (sign Centro Ittico Falesia). It is possible to park along the road or to continue on the road; after the bridge there is a covered parking, with a cost of EUR 1.80/h or EUR 6 for the whole day. To reach the dog beach, before the bridge continue straight on along the river and at the end turn right. There you can see the beautiful, approx. 1 km long sand beach. Already at the beginning there is a sign, written in Italian that pets such as dogs are allowed also without a leash. There is also the bathing estaglishment Pascià Glam Beach. The sea is beautiful, crystal clear water and also ideal for children. The beach itself is well-kept with lots of wastpaper baskets, cleaned and emptied every day.
- Follonica/Mortelliccio (Grosseto): north and outside Follonica, follow the signs towards Torre Mozza and next to the bathing establishment Bagno Elia, you will see the parking of the Dog Beach. After approx. 250 m you reac the beach. Please don`t forget beach umbrella and enough water. There are tables and banks in the pinewood. (Tip from Martina, 11.08.2014)
- Follonica/Scarlino (Grosseto): right outside Follonica (south) towards Castiglione della Pescaia is situated Mamai Beach. Please leave your car directly after the campsite Riva dei Butteri in the parking and accross the street and then the pinewood. It is possible to rent beach umbrellas and sunbeds. Via delle Collacchie S.P. 158 Km. Tel. +39 333 834 8871. E-mail email@example.com
- Follonica/Scarlino (GR): From Follonica, continuing on the coastal road, towards Puntone/Castiglione della Pescaia, right before the campsite Baia dei Gabbiani, at the kite surf beach (SurfRelax) it is possible to take your dog with you to the public beach. You can park your car in front of the pinewood in the parking. Please be aware that along the main road, even if there are parking a lot of cars, in some parts it is not permitted to leave the car. Where it is permitted, you should leave your car inside of the white lines.
- Puntone di Scarlino (Grosseto): right in front of the campsite Baia dei Gabbiani also with restaurant
- Punta Ala: along the road that takes to Punta Ala; at a certain point you’ll find a sign with the writing “Spiaggia Riservata ai Cani”. Please park your car in one of the ufficial parking lots (it’s adviseable not to leave the car along the road even if there might be parked other cars); walk then through the shady pine wood to the beach. The cost is € 6 for the whole day.
- Marina di Grosseto (GR): coming from Castiglione della Pescaia towards Marina di Grosseto, after the Camping “Le Marze”, you’ll see on your left a parking in the pine wood. If this parking is full, you can continue, where until a huge parking, always on the left, next to a restaurant. Cross the road and walk (about 10 min. walk) through the pine wood until reaching the beach (Spiaggia per animali di Compagnia). It is a beautiful huge sand beach with lots of space.
- Orbetello (GR) ftwo dog beaches, one on the side of Ansedonia, approx. 80 m left from the entrance called “Il Caravaggio” (next to the bar Tuscany Bay) and the other one right in front of the campsite Camping Village Bocche d’Albegna (not that nice as it isn’t a real beach and right on the river)
- Orbetello (GR) about 300 m from the entrance of the campsite Feniglia away, follow the signs for Playa del Can (Tel. +39 3775398823) and there there is the possibility to have beach service or to use the free beach.
- Ansedonia (Grosseto): from Grosseto 2nd exit of Ansedonia, from South 1st exit Ansedonia, follow then towards “Mare”. At the sign Baubeach turn left and continue for a few metres until parking. Possiblity of free beach and to rent beach umbrella with deck chairs
Some of the above mentioned beaches, were personally visited and tested. If you got to know other beaches or have seen changes, please let us know.
Toskana.net does not assume any liability about the correctness and topicality for the above given information.